GDPR – General Data Protection Regime
You further declare that you are aware and informed that the processing of your personal data includes all operations carried out by the data transmitted by you, with the purpose of improving the functioning and functionalities of the Azores Youth Hostels website; improve and personalize the services provided; improve our website and available resources; process transactions related to online reservations as well as contact you for the purpose of sending information or updates about your transactions and requests.
In accordance with applicable legislation, any objections or requests for erasure of your data for any of the purposes described above, must be made by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org . You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authorities.
Basis for using personal data
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, the collection of personal data is only considered lawful when one of the following provisions is carried out:
- The processing of personal data has been consented;
- The execution and conclusion of a contract that requires data processing;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of complying with legal obligations to which PJA – Pousadas de Juventude dos Açores, Unipessoal, Lda. is subject;
- The processing is essential to achieve a legitimate interest that overrides the right to protection of personal data;
- The processing is necessary to declare, exercise or defend a right in the course of legal proceedings against you, us or a third party.
For Marketing purposes and the provision of commercial communications, PJA – Pousadas de Juventude dos Açores, Unipessoal, Lda. only processes your personal data through prior and informed consent.
Cookies are small information files created by the website, which help identify your browser and which can store information, such as user preferences, in order to improve the website's services. The storage of other cookies, other than those essential to the website's performance, will be stored subject to the user's consent.
Cookies are used for the following purposes, depending on your permissions:
• They allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so that we can measure and improve the website's performance;
• They allow the website to function in a personalized way, depending on your interaction with it;
• They allow us to collect, anonymously, statistics regarding the videos you viewed on the website;
• They allow third parties, usually service providers, to store your preferences. Although Azores Youth Hostels makes every effort to only use service providers that provide guarantees of use appropriate to the records of relevant data protection legislation, the user understands that we are not responsible for the content and accuracy of the privacy policies and of cookies from these third parties.
The cookies used on the website can be placed into one of the following categories, depending on your preferences:
• Strictly necessary cookies: necessary for the website to function and cannot be turned off in our systems. They are normally only configured depending on your privacy preferences.
• Analytics and performance cookies: these are cookies that provide statistical information about website use;
• Advertising and targeting cookies: these are cookies used to create profiles or personalize content.
• Functional cookies: allow the website to provide personalized features, based on your interaction.
Azores Youth Hostels stores cookies on your device/equipment, in order to personalize and facilitate navigation, solve problems, guarantee browsing quality, monitor system security and for statistical purposes.
The user may, at any time, delete or block stored cookies. However, this action may result in the website not functioning completely as intended.
This Cookies Policy may be revised at any time, at our discretion.
We recommend that users of our website review the Cookie Policies regularly, in order to be properly informed about our cookie management.
Who do we share your data with?
We only share your data with appropriate entities, which can be categorized as follows:
- Supervisory Authorities, as part of our obligations;
- Subcontractors, who cannot transmit your personal data to other entities without prior authorization from Azores Youth Hostels;
- Payment Processors, in order to facilitate the transaction;
- The customer itself, as they have the right to obtain copies of their personal data, kept by Azores Youth Hostels.
In certain cases, some entities have the legitimacy to oblige us, by law, to disclose certain data for certain purposes.
Security of your personal data
Azores Youth Hostels uses authentication and encryption methods and tools to protect your data, as well as its integrity and availability.
However, you should be aware that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Although it is impossible to ensure the complete security of your data, we work hard to achieve this.
Depending on the type of data stored and, if it is considered confidential, there is the possibility of higher security levels being defined.
Third party connections
Please note that, although you are on a website operated by us, you may be sent to links to third party websites. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies, which are not managed or controlled by PJA – Pousadas de Juventude dos Açores, Unipessoal, Lda. In this sense, we do not assume any responsibility for the content and activities of these websites.
We recommend that you carefully review the terms, conditions, and policies linked to these websites before submitting any personal information.
Conservation of your data
The personal data provided will be kept until you request its removal.
The customer has the right to access, rectify, limit, delete and oppose the processing of data carried out by PJA – Pousadas de Juventude dos Açores, Unipessoal, Lda.
On the other hand, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. In Portugal, this authority is the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD), which can be consulted through the following website www.cnpd.pt
If you are not satisfied with this policy or wish to exercise your right to access the data provided, in accordance with Law No. 67/98, of October 26, you must send a request to the email address bookings@azoresyouthhostels. with
If you have any questions about this policy or if you wish to exercise any of your rights mentioned above, please contact us at email@example.com